Rescue Squad District Employment Application
EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Must be 18 years of age.
2. United States Citizen.
3. Valid driver’s license.
4. No felony or misdemeanor convictions.
- Type or print in black ink only.
- Wire DNA (does not apply) or use a diagonal line in areas or questions that do no apply.
- If more room is needed to answer questions, attach separate sheets as needed noting the questions number for each answer.
- Do not fold application.
- Mail or drop off application at Marengo Fire Protection District, 120 E Prairie Street, Marengo, IL (Station 1)
- It is the responsibility of all applicants to notify in writing any changes.
- If you have any questions, please call Station 1 at (815) 568-8912.
THE HIRING PROCESS
- Fill out application completely.
- Successfully pass a written exam.
- Pass a background check including driving record, criminal history, medical history, employment (past and present) and any other information Marengo Fire and Marengo Rescue Districts deem necessary.
- Oral interview.
- Placed on hiring list.
- Conditional offer of employment.
- Pass physical exam and drug screening.
- Hired as a probationary employee/apprentice.
- Obtain a non-CDL Class B license within the first three months of employment.
- Must become a certified Firefighter II by the Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshal within the first 18 months of employment.
- Must be an EMT-B or EMT-P